Monday, April 04, 2005

Film/Music: Festival Express

The Filmstudio here in Lund presents a series of music on film - this is how I got to see "The Last Waltz" and also this Sunday's feature, "Festival Express". In the same vein as Woodstock (which took place in August 1968), the Festival Express of 1970 gathered a bunch of famous artists and loaded them on a private train moving across Canada and stopping every once in a while to play concerts. The film shows both live performances from these concerts and scenes from the bar wagon where the guests were constantly jamming under the influence of ... let's say everything.
I loved to see Janis giving it all on stage, to listen again to The Band playing The Last Waltz and especially to see The Grateful Dead live - they were so good!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Christian John Wikane said...

I still have yet to see this film, as with "The Last Watlz" but it's on my list!! I love Janis. I always wonder what would have happened had she not died so young.